Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Hey, Y'all!  I hope everyone has had a fabulous summer filled with fun memories.  I have had a wonderful summer at home with my littles!   I ended the school year on maternity leave, but as a teacher, I'm used to having a very structured day.  I have read or seen the headlines to countless articles on Facebook that tout how good it is for your kids to be bored.  Well, I get that and I don't want to be my kids' summer cruise director, but I have a 4 year old, a 3 year old, and a baby. In addition to fun free play, I have to provide at least SOME activities in order to save my sanity. Looking back at the last couple of summers, I realized that my time with the little people at home could have been even more enjoyable than they were if I had had a plan.  

Before summer arrived, I thought about my challenges

     1. A baby in addition to an active 3 and 4 year old
     2. My kids cannot free play ALL day...*I* need some structure, and my kids do better knowing what the plan is.
     3. Screen time cannot take over.

I also made some goals for us:

     1. Read everyday.
     2. Have some educational fun. 
     3. Help the kids grow in responsibility.
     4. Get out of the house.

So how did this transfer into everyday life?  


Stay Tuned...

Linking to... i choose joy

No comments:

Post a Comment